Friday, February 11, 2011

John Vanek - He is from Chicago and he has Powerful Friends

This blog has never bowed to intimidation. In this particular instance I feel that the best way to deal with it is to publicly document what I am taking as a threat.

Recently we received an email from John Vanek who we have previously blogged about. In the course of his email Mr. Vanek felt the need to make what this writer took as a veiled threat as well as what he called a "warning." The highlight of his email was the ending where he wrote "Remember I am from Chicago and I do have powerful friends."

I am assuming that he is trying to imply that he has criminal connections from Chicago but I suppose that it could also mean that he knows Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, the janitor at the former Wax Trax record label or a slew of other "powerful" people from Chicago (It would be great if it was a former Wax Trax artist like KMFDM! Käpt'n K let's talk!). It has been this writers experience that people who feel the need to mention "powerful friends" are often trying to compensate for there own lack of power or some other perceived shortcoming. I personally feel that having to rub someones nose in your supposed "powerful friends" is the equivalent of grade school kids shouting at each other whose daddy is the toughest.

In the interest of fairness I will extend a one time offer to Mr. Vanek. If Mr. Vanek can do so in a civil way I will allow him to use my humble blog as a venue to debate my prior story and print his own version of why he was terminated or resigned from the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agency at the Stewart Detention Center.

Keep in mind that all opinions expressed here are just that. Please cross check anything you read before forming your own opinion.